 General / 45798
    Community Site 101 —Paul Hartzog
   legofan, worldlug, whatever this url is pretty much what WorldLUG would've ended up being: (URL) all managed-access content w/ a back-end for content creators and reviewers. If someone has a server we could get it all set up in a matter of days (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Community Site 101 —Tim Courtney
   (...) I'm not quite getting it. Plone looks cool, but what exactly are you proposing people do? Or, are you merely putting this site out there to make people aware? -Tim (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Community Site 101 —Paul Hartzog
   (...) Just pointing out that there is no need for anyone in the lego community to build something from scratch. There are numerous community-run site platforms out there that can be set up pretty quickly, and many of them are open-source. If the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Community Site 101 —Saskia van Doesburg
     (...) Wow, it fetches my language from my computer, that is very cool. Also the textsize feature is good. Just thought I'd let you know. Saskia (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Community Site 101 —Todd Lehman
   (...) What kind of iron does it need to run on? Looks like we are getting two Xeon rackmounts this week for LUGNET. Does your code base run on Linux or Windoze? --Todd (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Community Site 101 —Matthew Miller
   (...) Plone is a CMS that runs on top of Zope. It's totally open source and written in Python (as is Zope itself). It's pretty cool, but it's a bit heavyweight in several ways. I don't think I'd want to run it on the same server that is doing the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)