 General / 45381
Re: Wing 8 x 4 left or right, old vs new
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:40:44 GMT

The left piece has a straight edge.  It will not accept a stud whatsoever.  The
right piece is rounded in that particular spot so it can accept a stud.

I think the early wings (from classic space) are not stackable, whereas the more
recent molds are stackable.  Can someone else confirm this?

-Bryan

Yes, I noticed this about 10 years ago, when comparing my early-mid 80's sets
with some of the newer wings.  I'm figuring there was a mold upgrade to allow a
builder to put the wing right out to the edge of a brick.

-Scott Lyttle