 General / 4521
Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 16:38:52 GMT

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:

Mike Poindexter wrote:

I just spoke with one of the supervisors from Lego CA.  Here is a bit of bad
news for those who want Lego to sell bulk bricks ar do ANYTHING that will
increase their sales.  They are at maximum production.  From a management
standpoint, this means that the only places they will want to expand is in
sets that have a higher profit margin.  This is closely tied to the price per
piece ratio, but not exactly.  A set that is $.17 per piece does not
necessarily make more than one that is $.15 per piece, as the production costs
are different.

On a similar note it seems that the LEGO operations in the US could be brought
into closer line with the rest of the world as part of TLG's "Fitness Program".
This could mean that "US only" promotions and sets may  become few and far
between.

It *blows* my mind to wonder how these clowns can stay in business!  Maybe it would
be good if Disney bought Lego <gasp>.  At least *they* understand marketing... too
well!  The *only* answer I could come up with is that TLG has completely stupid,
irrational, fiercely loyal, financially well-off customers...US!  I seriously make
the analagy to a drug pusher and an addict.  They have us by the proverbial balls.
And...I...can't....stop....buying....:-) < stupid grin of strung-out Lego junkie.

-jOhN "Hi, i'M JOhN aNd i'M a lEgOahOLic" nEaL

Sanjay