 General / 45197
  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) While this may be the "ideal" scenerio, it is also the one that is least likely to happen. Todd and Suz have done a great thing here with Lugnet. Lets keep in mind, however, that Lugnet was SUPPOSED to be the all-encompasing site for Lego fans (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

While I was trying to say it nicely, Troy I commend you for cutting to the chase and saying what needed to be said in public. I agree 100% with your post. That said, I hope people are interested in discussing this topic of integrating resources, and (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) True, but that shouldn't hinder other projects aiming to do the same. If something can be done better elsewhere, or done at all elsewhere, it's a win for the whole community. (...) I think Tony is probably correct here. (...) Yes, only about a (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) Hey, please, if stuff needs saying, just come out and say it. (...) Tim, although I can't offer development services, please don't hesitate to give me a call and bounce ideas off me, etc. --Todd (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) Believe me, I understand the basis for your fears. I'm interested in discussing this if you are. I venture to say there's a few good people out there who could offer excellent advice and guidance also. (...) Open online discussion is a good (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) I think Tim's idea to talk about this at BrickFest PDX this month is a great one. I do see the need for this WorldLUG concept--but I'm such a lazy guy that I really, really want the easy solution to work...to me, that solution involves using (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: WorldLUG into public domain

(...) Sure, it would be ideal to realize these changes under the LUGNET banner. I think we have a good promise of cooperation and support from Todd, and the timing is perfect to discuss this at BrickFest. Its too late to get a session on the event (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)