 General / 45133
    Another new colour in set 8385? —Arne Lykke Nielsen
   Hi all, I just bought one of the new racers, set 8385. The wheel hubs (part 2958, Technic Disc 3x3) is in a strange very dark grey metallic colour. Does anybody know, if this colour has been used before?? kind regards Arne, Copenhagen (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Another new colour in set 8385? —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I don't know. But I wanted to mention that I just realised something... Used to be when I saw a post on LUGNET with a subject of "Another new colour" it filled me with a sense of excitement. This time, the sense I got was dread... as in, what (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Another new colour in set 8385? —David Simmons
     Hey Arne, Yes it has. I've noticed it in at least one new Bionicle set in the mask (the part # is 32571) although that part in this color is not yet listed on Peeron. I really hope that TLG doesn't go overboard with these metallic mixes. I dislike (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

         Re: Another new colour in set 8385? —David Laswell
     (...) There is no cost-efficient way to do it. When dealing with solid particle coloring agents instead of dyes, the particles reorient with the flow pattern, which is where you get the dark banding from. The only way I can think of to get rid of it (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Another new colour in set 8385? —David Laswell
   (...) There are a wide number of metallic greyish colors that have been released. The six BIONICLE Toa masks were released briefly in a metallic "silver" that has a distinct green tint. Many TECHNIC parts (panels, Roborider heads, liftarms, (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-04, to lugnet.general)