 General / 45168
Re: Another new colour in set 8385?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 04:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:

I just bought one of the new racers, set 8385. The wheel hubs (part 2958,
Technic Disc 3x3) is in a strange very dark grey metallic colour.
Does anybody know, if this colour has been used before??

There are a wide number of metallic greyish colors that have been released.  The
six BIONICLE Toa masks were released briefly in a metallic "silver" that has a
distinct green tint.  Many TECHNIC parts (panels, Roborider heads, liftarms,
flex-tubes, etc.) have been made in a really dark sparkly charcoal grey for some
BIONICLE (Cahdok/Gahdok) and Racers (Slammer G-Force) sets.  Lots of BIONICLE
parts, as well as the panels used for chest armor on Jango Fett, have been made
in a metallic silverish color.  C-3PO and Muaka/Kane-Ra use the same #5/#6
panels, but painted silver instead of formed in a metallic color.  Krana-Kal
were made in a light pearlescent grey.  I might be missing one or two from the
list, but none of the ones I can think of really look like what the LUGNET
archive photo shows.  It's not even as dark as the basic dark-grey either, so
I'm guessing that photo is incorrect.  Without seeing an actual example of it,
it's hard to say if your mystery color is the one used for BIONICLE/Racers sets,
or if it is indeed a new color.