 General / 44788
  Re: Lego prices?

(...) The valuation of the Euro vs. the USD changes over time, and very few international companies ever vary their local list prices based on these fluctuations. At times in its brief history, the Euro has had parity with the dollar, and indeed was (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego prices?

(...) Well, if I take out the local sales tax of 16%, I still get a EUR 13.79 price tag, and even if the dollar would come up to parity again (where he does not belong, economically), it would still be more expensive. Chances are, that TLC will have (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego prices?

(...) The apparent reason is the market. If the US buyers expect Lego to cost X, Lego can not charge too much over that because they will lose market shares. In EU the clones are not such a big threat (yet), so Lego can charge a bit more. Plain, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)