 General / 44527
Re: Rare part list?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:57:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens wrote:
In lugnet.general, Mike Thorn wrote:
Is there a list someplace of all the really rare elements?

I just found two black hard hats while I was cleaning up my LEGO table and
seem to recall something about that being a rare color for that part. Am I
right?

~Mike

Mike,
I keep track of rare parts. The hat you are talking about is not a rare part,
but rather exists in a rare color. Black is harder to find, but the truely rare
color is yellow. The hard hat only appeared in Yellow in 2 sets.

I would say the hard hat in Maersk blue is more rare than the yellow hard hat.
It was only in one set (AFIK - #1651), and that was a promo set. Plus there are
2 yellow construction helmets on BL now and 5 sold in the last 6 months - as
opposed to 0 on and 0 sold on BL for the Maersk blue one.

Ah, what I would give for the Maersk blue construction helmet...

Mark P