 General / 44447
Re: Brickshelf Name Database
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:31:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kyle Beatty wrote:

OK, but how can you authenticate the information provided? What prevents anyone
from associating their name with a Brickshelf account.

Ooh, good idea.  I claim these accounts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Obi-Juan-Kenobi
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=tremor
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=seankenney
I'm just so darn prolific that I put up several galleries to highlight my
different building styles.  :)  Oh, wait, Sean used his real name as his
username.  Darn.  I guess the jig is up.

On the overall question, one way around this would be if people would update
their Lugnet account to include their Brickshelf galleries (also MOCpages, etc),
then you could easily find them here:
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/bylastname.cgi
(and yes, I just updated my own)

Bruce