 General / 44039
Re: Color Change - Call Consumer Affairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
Ondrew posted the US Consumer Affairs number to LUGNET in the petition thread,
but I fear it got lost in the fray. So, reposting inside a new thread:

1-800-453-4677

If you are upset about the classic colors being discontinued, please call and
voice your concern!

For those unfamiliar with the topic, see:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=533
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=43720

Also, would those from other countries mind replying with their respective
country's Consumer Affairs numbers? Thanks!

I just spoke with someone at Consumer Affairs and explained (very calmly) how
the color change would affect serious modelers and train clubs.  I was quoted
the standard line about "the quality of the bricks has not changed."  I then
explained that even though this was the case, the subtle variations in color
would likely be perceived as a quality issue by the general public.

I was given both an e-mail address as well as a PO box to write to.  I'm not
sure if I saw these posted here before, so:

   LEGO Consumer Affairs
   P.O. Box 1138
   Enfield, CT  06083

And/or by e-mail to:

   consumer.services.americas@lego.com

The woman who gave me this information said that if the e-mail address didn't
work, try ".america" (singular) although this is likely an e-mail address for
both North and South America (plural).  I would like to add that she was very
helpful and pleasant on the phone.

Please be courteous!

- Chris.