 General / 44148
Re: Color Change - Call Consumer Affairs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:07:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Phillips wrote:

I just spoke with someone at Consumer Affairs and explained (very calmly) how
the color change would affect serious modelers and train clubs.  I was quoted
the standard line about "the quality of the bricks has not changed."  I then
explained that even though this was the case, the subtle variations in color
would likely be perceived as a quality issue by the general public.

I think some or all of the Consumer Services staff must have been given a
standard response.  I got a similar reply via email today.

I was given both an e-mail address as well as a PO box to write to.  I'm not
sure if I saw these posted here before, so:

   LEGO Consumer Affairs
   P.O. Box 1138
   Enfield, CT  06083

And/or by e-mail to:

   consumer.services.americas@lego.com

This email address appears to be correct.  My message went through and drew a
response from LEGO.  I don't think it can be stressed enough how important it is
for everyone who cares about this issue to write to them and express your
concerns.

Please be courteous!

Be courteous, polite, friendly, nice..... and spell check your email !

Strong words will carry your message... foul words will bury your message.

There are some who feel that any time you have someone who writes or calls to
complain there may be as many as 10 other customers who feel the same way but
just don't act on their frustration.  It's a good time to stand up and be
counted and let the company see what a short-sighted decision this was.

All the best,
Allan B.