 General / 44008
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:02:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
John Gerlach wrote:
How many of us remember when there were only 10 or 12
colors produced?  I sure do!

As I remember my Lego start (about 1960), there was only red, white, yellow,
blue. I don't remember any blacks until much later.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden

When did green and gray baseplates 50x50 and brickplates 10x20 come? I think
they were very early.

I found the gray 50x50 baseplates on Lugnet Guide as early as 1965
<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/799>
Also the 1965 trainset 323 <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/323> contains gray
plates.

Are the garageboxbottoms the same shade of gray?
These I found on Lugnet as early as 1963.

What shade of gray were the light masts as seen in 1958 in set 233
<http://guide.lugnet.com/set/233> ??

Weren't green bricks first produced in the late 1940's ? ;-)

Niels