 General / 43830
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 20:55:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Gerlach wrote:

SNIP

   LEGO has been going crazy with bringing out new colors over the last few years. How many of us remember when there were only 10 or 12 colors produced? I sure do!

SNIP

   JohnG, GMLTC

10 or 12?!, wow, I’m OLD, I remember that:

red, yellow, blue, white, black, (these 5 were in a wide selection of pieces)

gray (few pieces, mostly classic space slopes, plates & tools: NO ‘very light’ or ‘dark’ gray)

brown (was only in hairpieces & hats)

clear/trans white (mostly small 2x2x1 45 deg. slopes, 1x1 & 1x2 bricks & windshields, some 2x4 plates)

trans blue, trans red, trans yellow, & trans green (1x1 plates, 1x1 cylinder bricks & 1x2, 1x4,& 1x6 bricks for space windows I remember the 6x8 & 4x8 plates for classic space roofs/cocpits)

thats 5 widely available colors & 7 specialty colors = 12!

ah, the good old days. by the way, the ‘light’ gray that’s being changed, is that the old ‘regular/classic space & castle’ gray, or the new mosaic ‘very light gray’?

Jeff