 General / 4396
4395  |  4397
Subject:
When is it appropriate to leave negative feedback on ebay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 17:55:53 GMT

I won an auction on ebay almost a month ago.  I always make it a point
to send my payment to the seller as soon as possible, which I did.  I
asked the seller to email me when the payment was received/cleared and
when the item was shipped.  He did not do this.  I had to call my bank
to find out that my check had cleared over a week ago, yet I still
have not received the set or any word from the seller.  I sent another
email asking for a status a couple of days ago, but I still have not
gotten even a response.

I am not a high-volume ebay user, but I have won about 10 auctions or
so.  I have never had any problems with any sellers.  I was wondering
what everyone's opinions are about when it is appropriate to leave
neutral or negative feedback to the seller.  I don't want to jump the
gun here, but it irks me just a bit when I fulfill my end of the deal
as rapidly as possible and then cannot even get so much as an email
reply from the other party, especially when a large amount of my
hard-earned money is on the line.

Brian G.