 General / 4388
4387  |  4389
Subject:
traitor transport #6099
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 02:25:57 GMT

I am in the process of completing a paper on the a particular LEGO product
"Traitor Transport". I have received some input directly from LEGO as to their
thoughts on why this particular product was/was not successful.Now I would
like to hear from some actual users. If you have any familiarity with this
particular product, I would be very appreciative if you could please fill out
the following brief questionairre.

Background

In 1977 LEGO introduced the "Traitor Transport" product as a promotion piece
for the "Fright Knights" / Castle theme. The product contained 140 pieces
including a dragon, horse, jail cart and two knights as well as a single piece
plastic dragon cave. The product was targeted at boys aged 7-12. In the U.S.
the product retailed for approx. $19-20 while in Canada it sold for approx $25.

Survey

Please rate the following four questions from 1-5 with 5 being Great, 3 average
and 1 Poor

1. How would you rate the castle theme overall?

2. How would you rate the "Fright Knight" products overall?

3. How would you rate "Traitor Transports"?

4. If you can recall, how would you rate the overall packaging of the "Traitor
Transport" product?

The next few questions require a short typed response

5. Do you own any Castle theme products?

6. Do you own any "Fright Knight" themed products?

7. Do you own the "Traitor Transport"

8. What if anything did you like most about the "Traitor Transport" product?

9. What if anything, did you dislike about the "Traitor Transport" product?

10. At $18-19, how would you rate the value of the "Traitor Transport" product?

11. How would you compare the value of other "Fright Knight" products to the
"Traitor Transport" product?Better/Worse, Why?

12. If you worked for LEGO, what would you have done differently to improve the
sales of the "Traitor Transport" product?

The last two questions are multiple choice

13. How did you hear about the "Traitor Transport" product?
    a) LEGO web site
    b) LEGO newsletter
    c) Other website
    d) Store advertisement
    e) a friend
    f) other _______________

14. Where do you purchase the najority of your LEGO?
    a) Department store
    b) Toy store
    c) Specialty store
    d) Internet other than LEGO site
    e) LEGO internet site

I apologize, Iam having some problems finishing this survey. As mentioned
earlier, I would appreciate any help you can give me. I will forward an
overview of the responses received by June 8, 1999.

Thanks again,
Bob