 General / 43670
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:10:01 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
[SNIP]

[Stud changes and part/material quality]

I have verified from three different internal sources that NO changes have
been made to the studs. They are the same studs we know and love. This makes
sense, considering that redesigning the studs on all parts we produce would
be an overwhelming and consuming expense (not to mention unnecessary).

I have noted however some precision problems in the shape of the stud, it seems
the logo-carrying part is separate from the vertical part, and they are not
allways aligned properly
See http://sxpert.esitcom.org/dossier_tenons/ for details (it's in french,
sorry, but you  can probably get google to translate it ;)

[Color Modifications] • [SNIP]
From what I understand, all new products, starting with the 2004 sets will be
coming off the line utilizing the new colors. It should be noted that we are
looking into the feasibility of producing bulk packs of the "old" color
elements to be made available through LEGO Shop At Home – no guarantees, mind
you, but we’re looking into it.

unfortunately, as the change impacts the dark gray, it WILL impact the train
rails.
now, I don't think the new dark gray would really fit there. may I suggest that
the rails be done in some form of brown, so as to resemble wood more, or light
gray so as to look like concrete ?

Sincerely

Raphael