 General / 4360
  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

I beleive chrome plating is electroplating. Dissolved chromium ions are reduced to metallic chrome on an electrode. Do they use the plastic as the electorde and get chromium to plate on the plastic...I do not know I have not looked into it; I am (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.general)

  Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

I just spoke with one of the supervisors from Lego CA. Here is a bit of bad news for those who want Lego to sell bulk bricks ar do ANYTHING that will increase their sales. They are at maximum production. From a management standpoint, this means that (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

(...) too (...) The (...) and (...) motorcycle (...) the (...) that (...) I (...) Mike: They have been chroming plastic on automobiles for more than 25 years! Chroming does not always mean "hot" liquid: It is a process where an item is given a (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes: <SNIP!> (...) Try this (URL) is the company I am currently contracted to. We do a lot of thin film coatings on a variety of materials. I would recommend that you contact the sales department, since I am in (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

(...) On a similar note it seems that the LEGO operations in the US could be brought into closer line with the rest of the world as part of TLG's "Fitness Program". This could mean that "US only" promotions and sets may become few and far between. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

(...) It *blows* my mind to wonder how these clowns can stay in business! Maybe it would be good if Disney bought Lego <gasp>. At least *they* understand marketing... too well! The *only* answer I could come up with is that TLG has completely (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk brick sales and Making Silver Bricks

I had a minifig vacuum metalized over a year ago. Unfortunately, I forgot to send a helmet and visor :( The person who did it said they wouldn't do another, too much work. I had to scrape the chrome off of spots to get the minifig back together. It (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)