 General / 43388
  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

(...) quarter but their 3rd quarter sales are about the same as 1st and 2nd put together. I did not know that. Curiosity piqued, I went and checked Hasbro. Same thing. (URL) leads to (URL) Mattel (URL) leads to (URL) thing. 3rd quarter sales for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

(...) I am horrified to see that in my local Walmart (north Utica, NY) that they have left all the Lego advertising material hanging from the entire aisle length section despite the fact that what used to be an entire aisle of Lego is now 1/4 Lego (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

Retailers, Wal-Mart in particular, dictate to TLC, not the other way around. I imagine Wal-Marts own employees cannot easily afford much Lego. Why would an expensive toy be a huge seller for the world's numero uno discount store? -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

(...) Yeah but they can't dictate trademark infringment. They haven't paid off enough polictians for that, I hope. (...) Well my local Wal-mart can't keep the stuff in stock (and its not from me) so... -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

(...) For a toy company it used to be typical for Q1-Q3 to be small compared to Q4. Maybe they are getting paid earlier, or maybe people were buying a lot more this quarter. Another factor is how fast the product cycle is becoming. Anyone notice (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MEGA Bloks Net Earnings Up 22%

(...) What you are observing is very very demographic dependant. If you go into rural areas, you will find that Lego (or any building block brand) sells less than they do in urban areas. I will note that I see a relative eveness of interest in (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)