 General / 43206
Re: LEGOLAND® MASTER MODEL BUILDER SEARCH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:45:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Paul Janssen wrote:
In lugnet.general, James Brown wrote:
...but I also am honestly curious about how much a job like this would pay.
(Not that I can apply, bein' a Canuck with no intention of moving to
California.)

James

Having spoken to two masterbuilders in the past, lets call it a competitive
salary, where the competition is 50 candidates, and only 1 position, so you can
figure out what kind of negotiating room you have for salary demands.....
In short, don't expect to get rich, the job is way too cool to pay well.

Paul

When I worked at the Imagination Center at the Mall of America, people would
always say that the model builders must make "a fortune" for building the big
displays.  I always said 'no, they don't make *that* much'.  People would ask
why, I'd say "because every 12 year old in the world wants their job!"

Of course, not one person in a thousand can build the stuff they build, but no -
Lego doesn't pay them as much as you'd think (or hope!).

Definitely a job that you do because you love it, not because you want to get
rich and retire at age 40.  Which would be especially difficult for me, since
I'm 41!  *grin*

JohnG, GMLTC