 General / 42890
Re: WARNING TO E-BAY USERS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:02:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Clifton D. Chambers wrote:
   Earlier today I bid on an item in e-bay and noticed a message in my yahoo mail box several hours later. The message appears to come from e-bay but is a spoof. The email directs that I log in with my user ID and password to update the information or I will not not be able to register again with e-bay. The message is from a site that is redriecting your inforamtion to an unknown source. This message is not from e-bay. I know a lot of our members use ebay often and I hope no one becomes a victim of this fraud. The subject line is LeanCard Security Request. I have attached a copy of the e-mail below.

Does the email contain a link for you to update the information or is it telling you to log into e-bay?

Thanks for this info. Nothing is safe anymore. =(

-AHui

A&M LWorks