 General / 42877
42876  |  42878
Subject:
WARNING TO E-BAY USERS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:39:00 GMT

Earlier today I bid on an item in e-bay and noticed a message in my yahoo mail
box several hours later.  The message appears to come from e-bay but is a spoof.
The email directs that I log in with my user ID and password to update the
information or I will not not be able to register again with e-bay.  The message
is from a site that is redriecting your inforamtion to an unknown source.  This
message is not from e-bay. I know a lot of our members use ebay often and I hope
no one becomes a victim of this fraud.  The subject line is LeanCard Security
Request.  I have attached a copy of the e-mail below.

From: "aw-confirm@ebay.com" <aw-confirm@ebay.com> | This is not spam | Add to
Address Book
To: "Chamberscd" <chamberscd@yahoo.com>
Subject: LeanCard Security Request
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 17:54:00 +0200

    Dear eBay User,

     During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not
verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.

     As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real
owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or
else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with
eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this
verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support

eBay User ID
You can also use your registered email.

eBay Password
Forgot your password?

Having problems signing in? Get help now.

Announcements   |   Register   |   SafeHarbor (Rules & Safety)   |   Feedback Forum   |   About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.