 General / 4279
Re: No W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 00:11:14 GMT

We call it Slug Bug too, only for many years we had to change the rules,
My brother and I still play to this way.. Though we knew where they all
were in town.. so we made a deal that we couldn't use parked ones.  They
have to be moving or sitting at a light/stop sign. Now with all the new
ones out we don't have to hunt much anymore for them.. I saw 3 today
just driving around and of course he wasn't with me :(
Though it's nice to see the return of this game.. it had almost died
out, and to think.. what our kids might have missed... the ability to
slug their sibling without getting in trouble!

Tamy

Terry K wrote:

Yea, I call it "slug bug" as well.  But we play a different game. VW products
(at least the classic ones) are worth points:
1 point:    Beetle or New Beetle, Beetle Bus or Van.
2 points:  Karmann Ghia
3 points: Thing, hatchback sedan/station wagon.
Jackpot:  Schwimmwagon (sp?)  (never got that one)

This game gets *highly* competitive.  But without the problem of fists flying
around.

Note that Rabbits/Golf's, pickups and mainstream vehicles like Jetta's and the
like are considered worthless.  The only concession to "new" products are Vans
and New Beetles.  :-)

Speaking of which, have you seen the newish Vanagon with front end that sticks
out - much like just about every other minivan in the world?  Did a double take
on that one.

-- Terry K --