 General / 42727
Re: Official LEGO Set Modifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 00:17:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
Hi Folks,

A recent thread on FBTB has been talking about official modifications and
improvements made by LEGO themselves to certain sets after they were
released(such as Jango's Slave I and the AT-TE):

     They missed one that I know of.  The Technic Destroyer Droid was changed to
use the red and blue elastic bands in a few places instead of the plain black
rubber bands.

     Sometime in the last decade they changed the formulation of the black
rubber bands, and after you've stretched them once they'll deteriorate within a
few months (they last fine if you never stretch them).  I've got a Sea Claw 7,
though, and the original black rubber bands that I used on the spring claw are
still fine after all these years.  All of my Star Wars and Bionicle sets that
use black rubber bands have pretty much collapsed where I haven't replaced them
with the elastic bands or black claspless hair-ties.