 General / 42726
42725  |  42727
Subject:
Official LEGO Set Modifications
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:29:23 GMT

Hi Folks,

A recent thread on FBTB has been talking about official modifications and
improvements made by LEGO themselves to certain sets after they were
released(such as Jango's Slave I and the AT-TE):

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=4474.topic

As you can tell by thread, many people aren't aware of these modifications and I
doubt any one person knows the full list of every time this has happened and
what all the changes are.  I also wonder if these changes are always/ever
reflected in online set inventories, since the changes seem to usually involve
additional parts.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks it would be cool if we could have some web
resource in this community that could be a repository for this information.  I
imagine that many of us would like to have the latest and greatest version of
the sets we own, or at least know what the changes are.

You'll also notice in the FBTB thread that some of the part numbers of the old
and revised instruction manuals are listed.  I think this would be a good thing
to include in such a repository, too.

I don't personally have the time/ability to create such a web site but if other
people are interested maybe we can find someone who can.  Or if the right people
agree, it might be cool to add this information to an existing LEGO web
resource, such as the LUGNET set reference guide for example.

Anyone else interested in something like this?

Regards,
Paul D.