 General / 42636
Re: Different colors orange
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:46:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I don't know where to post this on lugnet, so I hope I'm not at a wrong place
posting it here ;-)

Having grown up with seventies- and eighties legos, I recently bought some
new small sets: 7409 (Orient Expedition with skeleton) and 4485 (star wars > Sebulba's Podracer).

First 7409 seems to be created out of left over bricks, I mean almost every
brick has a different color and what do the log-shaped 1x2s really ad to the
set? (I bought this set mostly for the skeleton).
When I put the orange pieces of 7409 and 4485 together I notice that these do
not match. The orange 1x1 bricks in 7409 are much lighter than the orange
pieces in 4485.

Niels

There are Two distinct colors of Orange Lego elements.  One is regular _Orange_,
and the other is called _Light Orange_ or _Light Yellow Orange_.  Various kits
in the past two years have used the Light Orange color and some have even used
both colors in the same set.

An example of a set using both orange colors is set 4722 Harry Potter Gryffindor
House http://www.1000steine.de/users/brickset/images/4722-1.jpg
Several of the plates and arch bricks are of the lighter orange color while the
slopes and other pieces are regular Orange.

However, don't go by the inventory on Peeron for this set as it incorrectly
mixes up the colors.  http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/4722-1  This particular
inventory has its orange colors mixed up with yet a third color commonly called
_Dark Orange_ or Rust.  This Dark Orange is found in only a few sets so far,
including the Yoda Sculpture and Harry Potter Privet Drive
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=7194%2C+4728

Although some of the colors are named incorrectly on a few Peeron set
inventories, this list shows some of the elements available in the Light Orange
color:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/psearch?query=LtOrange&limit=color2part
(I did not link to regular Orange or Dark Orange lists because those have too
many errors).

Hope this clears things up for you.
I also hope those individuals that have submitted inventories with errors are
not too angry, either.  Mistakes happen and, fortunately, these are little
mistakes that can be corrected.

Happy Building!!

__Kevin Salm__