 General / 42611
42610  |  42612
Subject:
Orc Wolf Rider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:47:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Over the passed few weeks, Lenny and I (along with several others) have been discussing different Orcish paraphernalia. And something of want was a large wolf for the Orcs to ride, as EVERYONE(1) knows that Orcs ride wolves into battle, not horses.

And after having my creative juices recharged with building Reed’s donkey, I set out to create a wolf for Orcs to ride.

Before I show you what I came up with, I want to give my building objectives.

1. Create a wolf design capable of carrying a minifigure on its back. This meant I needed to build a wolf bigger than a normal wolf would be compared to a minifig.

2. Create a wolf design capable of being mass-produced. This meant that I needed to use as many common and as few rare or uncommon pieces as possible. This meant lots of basic plates and bricks (and with all the other stuff I’ve done I’m out of hinges).

3. It couldn’t be cute. Orcs don’t like cute. Oil and water.

So here is my Orc Wolf Rider with Wolf Ridee

This is not a final design, Lenny and I will be tweaking it later.

Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros

(1) everyone meaning not everyone meaning quite few actually