 Castle / 17515
Re: Orc Wolf Rider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:12:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote:

   Before I show you what I came up with, I want to give my building objectives.

1. Create a wolf design capable of carrying a minifigure on its back. This meant I needed to build a wolf bigger than a normal wolf would be compared to a minifig.

2. Create a wolf design capable of being mass-produced. This meant that I needed to use as many common and as few rare or uncommon pieces as possible. This meant lots of basic plates and bricks (and with all the other stuff I’ve done I’m out of hinges).

3. It couldn’t be cute. Orcs don’t like cute. Oil and water.

When I read all that I was beginning to believe the wolf was just a big gray box (easy to mass produce, few uncommon parts). So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this.

So here is my Orc Wolf Rider with Wolf Ridee

I must say you succeeded on all accounts; it looks good and is easy to make. But if you say they are so easy to mass-produce.... where are the rest of them?

In terms of suggestions, the only thing I can think of would be to add clips for swords and shields to hang on, and perhaps some 2-seater wolves.

~Kevin Blocksidge