 General / 4252
Re: Submit-A-Link on LEGO on my mind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 07:51:32 GMT

Does anyone else run into this problem with ALL Xoom pages?

I try to load a URL, like http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/index.html
for instance, and I get:

0
Frame ALERT!
This document is designed to be viewed using Frame features. If you are
seeing this message, please consider upgrading to a frames-compatible
browser.

Well DUH, Comm 4.51 IS Frames compatible.  This has persisted through
several versions of Communicator, and one of my friends noted that he had
similar problems with Xoom when using their URLs in a database on Apache.

I find I have to look at the source, and load the REAL URL that bypasses
Xoom's CRAP, i.e. in this case
http://members.xoom.com//_XOOM/brickenplate/index.html

Is the Xoom server broken, and not reading my Browser type properly?

Thomas Main wrote:

Eric:

I submitted my page under the "Town" section of your links page.  I
filled in the address as:

http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/index.html

and the link points (incorrectly) to:

http://http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/index.html

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Eric Brok wrote:

As of now, you can automatically add your own links to the links section of
LEGO on my mind.

This is meant for links to LEGO-related sites of course.

http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/links

Disclaimer:
Submitted links will be processed automatically. Improper contributions may
be deleted at any time, without prior notice, at the sole discretion of the
maintainer of this site. Contribution does not establish any transaction or
obligation.

I hope you'll enjoy this new feature!

Eric Brok
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: