 General / 42386
  Re: Why would set 10042 not be available in the United States?

(...) I suppose we can blame one of your countrymen for perpetuating that misconception: "There was an Old Man of the Cape, Who possessed a large Barbary Ape; Till the Ape, one dark night, set the house all alight, Which burned that Old Man of the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Why would set 10042 not be available in the United States?

Maggie Cambron wrote: <snip> (...) Too late The name "Jolly Roger" is thought to have originated from a nickname for the devil, "Old Roger". However, it is more likely to have gotten its name from the French word for "pretty red", "Jolie Rouge". The (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Why would set 10042 not be available in the United States?

(...) I think it's from before that, but it doesn't help. There's a vague rule that monkeys have tails and apes don't, but a lot of macaques have really really short tails that messes that one up. Generally apes hang and swing, so have longer arms (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)