 General / 42225
Re: Lego Helps Hospitalized Child
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 00:31:50 GMT

Apparently when this person was young, he got sick and developed a terrible
case of pnuemonia. It got so bad his parents brought him to the hospital.
Due to his sickness and long recovery time. He spent a good deal of his
recovery in the hospital.

Hi Eric-

When I was 8, I spent 16 days hospitalized with pneumonia as a reaction to a
ruptured appendix. LEGO was not available yet in the US and I had never
heard of it. It would have been perfect! Fortunately, an uncle bought me a
Tom Swift book, which I had also never heard of, and by the time I got home
I owned half the series. I did a lot of reading.

I think LEGO is an ideal gift for a hospitalzied child (or an adult <g>).

-Ted