 Dear LEGO / 4282
4281  |  4283
Subject:
Lego Helps Hospitalized Child
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 19:55:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dear Lego,

While out at a social gathering I met someone that told me a touching story
and I thought I'd share it with you folks.

As an Artist, I often goto shows and events to help continue to make new
contacts and network with other local Artists. Sometimes I get into
conversations with people about my own Artwork and passion; Building Lego.

I was at such an event this past weekend and I met a fellow and his wife who
told me about his experience with Lego as a child. His memory of Lego and
how he identified with the product were quite unique.

Apparently when this person was young, he got sick and developed a terrible
case of pnuemonia. It got so bad his parents brought him to the hospital.
Due to his sickness and long recovery time. He spent a good deal of his
recovery in the hospital.

In an effort to keep his spirits up, his parents brought Lego sets for him
to play with while he was in the hospital getting better. The fellow told me
that it was the only toy he had to play with and the only toys he had played
with in weeks because he was so sick.

The Lego sets his parents brought to the hospital took his worried mind off
the pnuemonia and he got better all while having fun building with Lego
right in his hospital bed.

Upon hearing of my building efforts and my Lego Robotics projects, he told
me this story and I was touched. I think its great that stories like these
exist and that such a wonderful toy like Lego can make an impact on so many
children and adults alike. Knowing that a sick child stricken with pnuemonia
and confined to a hospital bed was able to have fun even for a little while
playing with Lego is a real tribute to the fun of the Lego system.

Not only did his parents think of Lego first as a toy they ought to bring
their sick child. It was the only toy that made the boy happy. Happy enough
to pull through just on the desire to keep building and playing with the
best toy we all love; Lego.

What a great story. I just had to let you folks know.

Thank you.

Eric Sophie

www.biomechanicalbricks.com