 General / 41937
Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:01:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
This is actually correct - I ignored the criticism and went straight for
Tom.  Mostly because I felt it would be belaboring the point: disapproval
and apologies had been given on several fronts already.  Since from that
standpoint, I didn't see what repeating that accomplished, I refrained.  But
to establish the context, yes, I find whining about lack of response not
particularly adult, but then again, not every poster is an adult (In
retrospect, I was harsher on Tim in one exchange than I feel was fair to
someone who was 17 at the time.  He wrote so well that it disguised his age,
but had I known I would have given him more slack).

Hey, don't discriminate on age!  :)

Though, some younger teenagers tend to go through mood swings in which they
alternatively moan about how bad the world is and then suddenly respond to
evey MOC posted in the past month or so.  Also, some less 'mature' people
tend to post with bad grammar (A gripe with me, even though I am far from
perfect) and use cuss words and/or insulting phrases. (just as bad to me)

But I still love the interaction between all different types of people here.
You never know whem some people might be 13 and others be 47...

-JHK (13)