 General / 41876
    Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community —John Henry Kruer
   (...) IMHO, the AFOL term was used just to give this group a sense of identity. Sure, any old kid can say he plays with Lego, but all he might do is just buy sets and make them, or just collect Bionicle figures. We actually take Lego to the next (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

        Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Yep. (...) True. I think it's great to encourage those kids who don't build LEGO on this level to explore it. I have gained a new appreciation for Bionicle recently, at BricksWest and at a friend's house a couple weeks ago. His kids have a lot (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

        Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? —Jake McKee
   In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> (...) Yeah, I've always been a big fan of the concept. Granted, I don't build with it, but I think it is a brillant way to get gets building and learning about basic mechanics. The audience for these (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)