 General / 41837
Re: Which set has 12- and 20 tooth double bevel gears?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:53:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman writes:
Since I'm getting more and more into the Technic stuff I'm trying to build
models which can operate like the real ones.

The last few years LEGO has two new types of Technic gears:
- the 12 tooth double bevel
- and the 20 tooth double bevel

Because I'm very limited with the old 8, 12 and 24 tooth gears I'm looking
for those 'new' ones. But which set has a lot of them in the content?

Dennis Bosman
The 8448 Supercar, 8466 4x4, and the 8457 Power Puller. I think they all
have two of each, the Power Puller may have more. They are are fairly
expensive (depending on what you consider expensive), like $100 US or so
each. But they all have a lot of real Technic parts (beams and such) that
you may want. I don't know much about 8448 availability now, its a few years
old. I think TLC needs to make more real Technic vehicles and parts. Some
Technic parts packs with gears, beams, axles would be nice. Also some more
powerful motors even, pulley, pneumatics, etc., also. Has anyone ever gotten
positive response from Lego about a recommendation you've sent them? Maybe
they'll listen (hehehe). This new Lego stuff makes me say "What were they
thinking?", sometimes. You really can't make anything that looks like
something with these newer parts. But hey, I've called US S@h and asked to
buy individual parts, and they were fairly acceptive to my request. I only
had to pay shipping and handling.

MM

Sorry for the semi-off topic rant.