 General / 41795
Re: Questions about Electric, Light Brick 4.5V 2 x 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:23:28 GMT

Hi,
I use the 4.5v lights for my town and town buildings. They work quite nicely,
and you can string quite a few (4 or 5 at least) off a single battery box. You
can see the lights at work in one of my buildings here:

Another trick I have done is to splice a 4.5v and a 9v wire together. I hook
this up to a 9v train transformer, and by adjusting the 'throttle' you can run
lots of lights off of wall current.

HTH
Roy

In lugnet.general, Curt Tigges writes:
Hello,
For those of you that have the Electric Light Brick 4.5V 2x2
(http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=08010b), I have some questions.
I'm going to buy lights for a model I'm making, and I wanted to get some of
this kind of piece.

Here are my questions:
1. Is there actually a light bulb in there? It's hard to tell by the picture.
2. What kind of battery box does it need?
3. Is it bright?

Thanks,
Curt