 General / 41780
Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 06:45:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ken Koleda writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:

And if a true answer doesn't really exist, what's
the point of pondering, then?

Isn't pondering the unaswerables pretty much what philosphy is generally about?

You seemed to be interested in writing a lot in response to a question you
didn't seem to deem worthy of answering.

You seem to want to disagree with this post on a lot of points yet... merely
stating your opinion does pretty much what Tim asks.  Kind of ironic.

Sorry if this sounds critical.

Hey Ken -
Thanks for posting this. I happened across your post first, then Matt's. I
was very close to posting a reply I had written to his post, but didn't want
to taint the thread with something negative.

I think the ideas put forth in this thread so far [1] are good ones. They've
helped me. I want to keep this discussion positive.

I'm trying to understand more about the community, or communities, and what
drives the people involved with them. I want to see a big picture. It's
helping me create a sort of 'map' of the community in my mind, to better
understand it. I'm doing this for many reasons. Anyways, this place is
important to me, along with the many other groups and communities within the
LEGO hobby which don't center around LUGNET. That's why I brought it up in
the first place.

So I'll keep it positive in public -- but I'll take my gripes to email. :-)

Thanks Ken.

-Tim

[1] With the exception of Matt's apparent attitude that this discussion is
pointless.