 General / 41442
Re: 4101 and 4401 designer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:02:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington writes:

I believe these sets will be a hit with young and old.

I couldn't agree more.

Kudos to LEGO for
producing some sets not reliant on minifigs or licences with tons of
imagination and inspiration.

You've said it all.  I think the importance of sometimes not using minifigs
and getting away from licensed themes cannot be overstated.  This was and
still is the core of the LEGO philosophy.  Let's hope these things sell
really well.

Let's also hope LEGO puts bigger/better pictures on their own website.  Your
pictures sold me more on these sets than anything seen on LEGO.com.  :)

Regards,
Allan B.