 General / 4142
Re: Rock Raiders --Wider is not better.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 08:22:54 GMT

----------
In article <373B996A.DC39C5E4@ix.netcom.com>, Allen Carley
<acarley@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Hello again,

Every once in a while I break out of lurk to post and Rock Raiders
set 4970, Chrome Crusher, was the inspiration this time.

As is usual in my reviews, I break out the good, the bad, and the
ugly.  So here goes.

The Good: Lots of spunk in the little mini-figure.  I like the new
helmet.  I like his insane look.  I like the worn tough look of the
set in general.  Rock Raiders are the dwarves of Legoland (or
System if you like), living underground, mining, singing, and just
being tough.

You forgot about 'speaking in a hokey Australian accent' (as in the movie
'Alien From LA').

While you might want to pass on 4970, check out the two smallest sets, they
are pretty decent.

Rob