 General / 41317
Re: Lego Shop-At-Home Catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 03:38:47 GMT

    I always enjoy looking through old SAH catalogs the same way I like looking
through old product line catalogs.  The SAH catalogs can give you a price
reference though, whereas the regular catalogs don't.  (Anyone remember
the good ol' days when you could get 20% off your order from the Christmas
catalog?)
    There have been a few times that a SAH catalog has helped me find the name
of a set I had ordered.  Sometimes the not-in-store sets don't have any name on
the box.  The only dependable source for the set's name is the catalog it was
ordered from.
    I agree with tossing duplicate or sub-par catalogs.  The 1 or 2 main
catalogs from each year seem to always have everything that the smaller
catalogs had anyway.  I've seen (and even bid on) old product line catalogs on
ebay before.  Who knows?  Maybe someday the old SAH catalogs might be worth
something too.  Another possibility would be to sell them for a few cents on
Bricklink under the paper catagory.