 General / 41301
Re: GI Joe Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:21:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Meno writes:
In lugnet.general, Brian Mulholland writes:
New 3-3/4" (1:18 scale) G.I. Joe "Built To Rule" line, "compatible with
other leading building systems"! ;)

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?itemid=1091&catid=9

Well, they look 'kinda' cool. But I'm wondering what the variety of
parts is and how many variants you can make with just one set. It
doesn't look like you can do much with what they have.

It's a clone brand, they don't have to worry about stuff like that.  Their
success is just a matter of cashing in on Lego having done all the
groundwork.  All the part variety and rebuildability they need comes from
the fact that most of their target market already has a good supply of Lego.

I'm reserving judgment on these GI Joe bricks until I can get check a couple
out and see what their molding quality is like.  Hopefully they'll be a good
couple of steps above Mega Blox, which shouldn't be too much to ask from a
solid company like Hasbro, but there's no way to predict what standards
they'll hold to.

I wouldn't mind having some giant Lego-compatible machine guns, although
most of the other parts don't look like they'd be easy to find uses for.