 General / 41187
    Making non-permanent stickers —William R. Ward
    I'd like to make stickers to decorate some of my MOC's, but I don't want them to be permanent. When I take the MOC apart I want to be able to remove the sticker without any residue. Any recommendations for this? Oh yeah, and it needs to be (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Making non-permanent stickers —Richard Marchetti
     I use Avery labels for most everything I have done, generally they come off cleanly. If there is residue, it will rub off with a hand-towel (I keep one on hand for dusting elements anyway). If by age and neglect the glue residue is more severe, then (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Making non-permanent stickers —Manfred Moolhuysen
     (...) Hello Bill, Maybe use the kind of foil with strong electrostatic properties, that clings on to a smooth surface like it's magnetic. It's from Avery, and it's used to place logo's on cars or glas panes temporarely. There is a reference of it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Making non-permanent stickers —Matthew Gerber
     (...) Use water-slide...it comes righ off after use, if you don't seal the decal under a clear-coat. Matt (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Making non-permanent stickers —James Stacey
   Little trick for getting rid of troublesome stickers ... and it works on things other than Lego too :) get a hair dryer and heat up the sticker first, no matter how old the sticker is the heat tends to rejuvinate the glue and it all comes off in one (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.general)