 General / 40938
Re: Washington DC is GONE!! (legoland)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:05:24 GMT

Quoting Mark P <mark@landofbricks.com>:

In lugnet.legoland.california, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I'm sorry, you just about gave me a heart attack.

*gasp*wheeze*

Ack!  I had the same reaction.  It's frightening that we live in a time • when
a headline like that can't be immediatley dismissed as an impossibility. • I
found out about both the WTC and the Columbia disasters from similar
headlines while surfing the web.  Both times I had the same feeling of
knee-jerk disbelief, only to click on the link and find it to be only too • true.

I think this is an important LEGO story, and would normally highlight or
spotlight it, but I don't really want that headline on LUGNET's front • page...

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith

Heh, sorry there. I thought the 'lugnet.legoland.california,
lugnet.events.brickswest' newsgroups woulda tipped it off.

I typically read LUGNET via email, so all's I know when I'm glancing at a
message is that it's by Mark P, the subject and time, and that it's not personal
mail.  I don't know anything more until I open it, esp. since I'm subscribed to
a bunch of groups. :)  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feared the worst!

Jennifer