 General / 40937
Re: Washington DC is GONE!! (legoland)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:47:28 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
I'm sorry, you just about gave me a heart attack.

*gasp*wheeze*

Ack!  I had the same reaction.  It's frightening that we live in a time when
a headline like that can't be immediatley dismissed as an impossibility.  I
found out about both the WTC and the Columbia disasters from similar
headlines while surfing the web.  Both times I had the same feeling of
knee-jerk disbelief, only to click on the link and find it to be only too true.

I think this is an important LEGO story, and would normally highlight or
spotlight it, but I don't really want that headline on LUGNET's front page...

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith

Heh, sorry there. I thought the 'lugnet.legoland.california,
lugnet.events.brickswest' newsgroups woulda tipped it off.

And at least to me, this is a major event for Legoland. Their version of
Washington DC was the first images I saw from inside the park when they were
getting ready to open. It was also one of the most used images in their
promo material. And for them to totally remove a entire city is pretty major
news for them.

Hope no trips to the ER were made as a result in reading the title :)

Mark P