 General / 40723
Re: The One Brick...(LOTR LEGO)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:52:12 GMT

Don Cox wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Wells writes:
I dearly wished LEGO would of got a license agreement with LOTR
(note: these sets are based upon the movies, not the books)

#13015 Battle of Helmsdeep
Approx. $89.99
Figs: 8; Theoden, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, 4 Orcs
Includes: Exploding Wall Platform, Tower Platform, Gate Platform, Battering
Ram, Ballista, 2 ladders.

#13015 II Battle of Helms Deep
Approx. $xx.xx
Figs 2 Men of Gondor, 4 Orcs
Including wall section (+)

By purchasing multiples of these sets, one could build as large as they
desire without having too many 'character' minifigs.  i.e. as in how many
Gandalf's or Frodo's or Sauraman's do we need.  But we could use many foot
troops and lots of orcs.

No, you've got to understand, that isn't how TLC does it... :-) :-) :-)

The set will come with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and 1 Orc. There will be
one man of Gondor in the big set... :-)

However, we have nothing to fear about these sets since TLC isn't going
to be getting the license...

Frank