 General / 40649
Re: Brickshelf Moderation??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:05:24 GMT

Matt Hein wrote:

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:

Maybe some of the moderators aren't exactly
doing their job?

<snip>

Anyway, I think several of the moderators
should step it up a notch.

<snip>

I believe that Kevin Loch is doing all the moderation himself.

If I recall correctly, didn't Mr. Loch ask
for help with moderation when he originally
set up the process?  (or did his decisions
for volunteer moderation arise some 'concerns'
due to rivalry between certain parties?)

Maybe I'm just being speculative. Still, I'd be
more than happy to volunteer with moderation,
assuming he needs a vacation from such a task :)

Yes he did ask for help (not a broadcast request, but he did ask
individuals). Larry was one of the recruits. However, when things blew
up over what was being moderated, and acusations of deleting content
were flying, Kevin decided that if he was going to take the heat for the
decisions, he would do it all himself (a quite understandable, if
unfortunate, response).

Frank

p.s. I'm not sure if it's my connection or BrickShelf, but BrickShelf
access has been slowing down again for me, sometimes to the point of
pain.