 General / 40586
Re: Pods are good! (caution: longish)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 02:39:52 GMT

   "I have to admit I've been in something of a "grey age" for a while.
The
threat of iminent "downsizing" at work tends to do that to a guy.  Over
the
last few years, my building habits have usually gone something like this:
  1) Get idea for MOC.
  2) Start trying to build MOC.  Get disillusioned because parts aren't
sorted.
  3) Sort parts.  Get mad at cats/kids for messing up sorting.
Apologize to
kids (cats can lump it).
  5) Weekend over now, back to work.  No more Lego for you!
  6) Then, at work, get ideas about MOC.  Work on next steps in MLCAD
when
Boss isn't looking.
  7) Break out Legos on next weekend.  Get bogged down on MOC by playing
with kids instead of building _my_ project (no complaining about this
one!)."

   Granted, this is a late reply, but that's usually what happens to me.
Though I sometimes become disillusioned with the MOC and totally destroy
it, and then build something else. Hell, I've torn down several capital
ships a few minutes after I've finished them.