 General / 40533
40532  |  40534
Subject:
lugnet.alpha-team and lugnet.sports [was Re: I am not so sure on how to say this in here.]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 00:25:07 GMT

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> writes:
In lugnet.general, Jesse Alan Long writes: • [...]
Apparently, this is going to be called LEGO Sports as
far as I know.  By the way, I have raised this argument
before but would it not make better sense to combine
the Football and Soccer links into one site?  I mean,
yeah, I know everyone else calls what we call soccer
football but even so, there is a whole new LEGO genre
being made this year and I think that it is only fair
to make room for this genre.

I agree.  Any admins listening???

Lugnet.build.alphateam or something fitting
to .espionage. Since Lugnet has so many
newsgroups, these could be posted to .build
.military, since the sets deal with such
matters. (bomb squads, helicopters, tactical,
etc.)

The .build hierarchy is for categories that are not official LEGO
product lines.  Official product lines get top-level groups.  I think
that the fact that there is no lugnet.sports has more to do with the
admins being too busy to set it up than anything else.  So
lugnet.alpha-team would be the right place for that.  (I included the
dash because Alpha Team is two words.)

--Bill.

XFUT: lugnet.admin.nntp

        Consistency is not really a human trait.
                         --Maude (from the film "Harold & Maude")