 General / 40479
Re: I am not so sure on how to say this in here.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 05:25:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jesse Alan Long writes:

Hello.  It sure has been a long, nice dry spell since I was last online.
Anyway, I was watching my local UPN affiliate and I saw the new LEGO
commercials for the new Adventurers sets, the new Star Wars sets, and an all
new LEGO theme that has to do with basketball.

From what I saw, the commercials didn't amount to
much. (my younger sister thought they were rather
lame. Well of course, aren't commercials supposed
to be lame? They all are these days! :) And she's
within the target audience, and does build with
lego.)

More syndication: Just the other day, I saw a spot
on Cartoon Network's 'Toonami' advertising to 'win
the new NBA sets'. (well, they were second place
prizes, anyway. (If anyone might recall, there also
had a bionicle contest earlier to win the golden
mask. Hmm...)

Apparently, this is going to be called LEGO Sports as
far as I know.  By the way, I have raised this argument
before but would it not make better sense to combine
the Football and Soccer links into one site?  I mean,
yeah, I know everyone else calls what we call soccer
football but even so, there is a whole new LEGO genre
being made this year and I think that it is only fair
to make room for this genre.

Definitely! I think lugnet.sport
(lugnet.build.sport(s) ?
merits its own respective newsgroup. (I
believe there was some discussion of this
at .admin), and as far as I can see,
without one of these groups, postings
pertaining to this genre will be sporadic
at .general. (which isn't really on topic
there. And it doesn't fit at off topic
either because that rarely has anything
to do with lego. Well, .ot debate anyway :)

Whatever happened to the Alpha Team genre?  Does it have its own link or not
on here?  That, too, is a great set and it deserves a link somewhere.  I
might sound like I am complaining but I am simply trying to make sense of
some things and, hopefully, trying to help you out.

The theme went -under- (no pun intended).

Well, here's my opinion.

Lugnet.build.alphateam or something fitting
to .espionage. Since Lugnet has so many
newsgroups, these could be posted to .build
.military, since the sets deal with such
matters. (bomb squads, helicopters, tactical,
etc.)

Hope that helps.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast