 General / 40018
Re: Feedback thoughts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:44:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Casey writes:
I have read elsewhere on these newsgroups that things have been quiet
recently. I have only recently discovered LUGNET so have no frame of
reference, but I think there is still a lot of great stuff being posted.

I think LUGNET is about 2 things - inspiration and encouragement.

We post our creations to inspire others (and maybe show off a little ;) )
and we give feedback to encourage people to keep making inspiring things.

I don't give as much feedback as I should - I will probably make more of an
effort having read this thread. I personally don't see a problem with "Me
too" posts - another voice in the crowd still makes the poster feel good
about his creation and about building in general. Better still if you can
add a few lines highlighting something in particular you liked, or give an
idea how something could be improved.

But to the disheartened, I say keep posting regardless - your efforts are
appreciated even if the appreciation is not voiced.

James

Bingo!  I get inspired when I see all the wonderful MOCS.  Sometimes I post,
sometimes I wait until I make a MOC and post it, and then thank those that
inspired me.  Sometimes I'm not near a PC for a long time and postigs go by me.

Whatever--post the link to the MOC even if you don't get feedback.  Don't
post because you *need* to get feedback, post to share--sharing doesn't
require feedback.  Just know that when you post your MOC, you are
contributing to the community--your contribution starts with the posting,
not the responses.

Dave K