 General / 39958
39957  |  39959
Subject:
Sand colours (Was: Any thoughts on making bricks in a 'brick red' color?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 19:59:36 GMT

> The next thing you know I'll be asking for Norman bricks in a sand yellow
color.  This is madness!

Well, funnily enough, I was thinking about this very issue just the other day.
We have sand-red, sand-blue, sand-green, but why not sand-yellow?

And what about sand-white and sand-black?

In terms of a colour chart, is there some "formula" for determining the
"sand"-version of a colour?

Could sand-white = tan? Could sand-black = dark grey? And where does that leave
sand-yellow?

And if "sand" is a kind of softer yellow-y version of the original colour, is
there an equivalent colour modifier to give red-tones, blue-tones etc to other
colours?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Kerry